The route starts from just outside Dubrovnik and will end in Makarska - one of the most stunning locations on the Adriatic with the backcloth of the 1762m (5800ft) Mount Biokovo.
This approximately 210-mile adventure compromises a full three-day (with the optional fourth-day) ride, and will raise money for charity, provide excellent opportunities to network with those in the industry and build new relationships in a unique environment.
- Approx. 175-210 miles cycling over three days (optional fourth)
- Covering three islands in three days - a ride dominated by the sea and mountains
- Passing points of interests including the pretty port of Mali Ston and the ancient village of Ston
- Four nights in 3*/4* hotels in Korcula Town, Hvar Town and Makarska
- Open to both novices and experienced cyclists
100% of the sponsorship will go towards the George Oliver Foundation to raise funds for a range of children's projects with different charities covering health and education in the UK and abroad. The bike ride will be open to participants from all areas in the PPP market – both UK and overseas. We have a maximum of 40 riders.
The cost for the trip, including all travel, meals and accommodation is £850 + VAT (excluding flights). We also ask that each participant to raise £500 in sponsorship.
To register for the challange, please contact
Tel: +44(0) 208 6757 770
Wednesday 14 May 2014
- Arrival into Dubrovnik and transfer to the hotel – those that are attending the PPP in Croatia* conference will leave Zagreb at 9pm and fly to Dubrovnik and then transfer to the hotel.
- Light meal to be provided on arrival
- Early morning bike fit
- Cycle to the port of Mali Ston with views of the Peljesec Peninsular
- Restaurant lunch overlooking a dramatic bay and the island of Mljet
- The ride will continue with mountainous views and coastal scenery - a day full of variety
- Cycle to Orebic and a ferry onto the island of Korcula
- A night in Korcula Town in an authentic 3* or 4* and dinner out al fresco in Croatian Restaurant
- Distance covered approx. 58 miles
- Commence from Korcula with a cycle along the spine of the Island to Smokvica and a drop to the coast at Brna and then inland to Blato, where we will cycle downhill to a remote slip way in the north of the Island
- Targa 44 speed boat to the south side of Hvar Island, where a fish barbecue lunch will be served on board before docking at a tiny village beach
- A cycle through Hvar Island and then finally into Hvar Town
- A night in the 3*/4* Hotel resort
- Distance covered approx. 57 miles
- A ride back to Stari Grad through a small mountain range with grand sea views, a cycle though mountain villages and Pitve and finally descending into the port of Vrbosha and the resort of Jelsa, finally traversing through the length of Hvar Islands
- We reach the Southern tip of the island of Sucurai and after a picnic lunch take a short ferry to Drvenick on the mainland
- Final run into Markarska though almost untouched coastal villages
- A night stay at 3*/ 4 * hotels both close to the beach just a short walk from the centre of town overlooking the bay and Mt Biokovo
- Dinner will be served with a free night in the bustling resort with many busy bars
- Distanced covered approx. 76 miles
- Day 5 – Mount Biokovo (experienced cycle challenge) - Croatia’s Mont Ventoux!
- A climb at approx 7% grade through forest at lower levels opening out onto an open plateau with fabulous views of the coast and islands
- Views from the top are extensive across Croatia and Bosnia
- Return route is a 20km downhill with views throughout
- Lunch en route down in a mountain restaurant
- Return to same hotel in Makarska as previous night
- Distanced covered approx 42 miles and 6000ft elevation gain
We will take a coach for the 90 minute transfer from Makarska to Split Airport and will say a reflective farewell on the 10.25am flight back to the UK.
*Partnerships Events will be organising a one-day conference ‘PPP in Croatia’ on the 14 May in Zagreb. The event website and full programme will be available from January 2014. However, to see a draft agenda please email us at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 8675 7770.