Ireland’s PPP industry is back on track. Last year, the Department for Education and Skills signed its first deal since June 2010, launching its Schools Bundle Three contract and the N11 Arklow/Rathnew PPP Scheme is also scheduled to close in first quarter 2013. This is sending a clear signal to the market to expect more availability-based PPPs to follow.
And there is plenty to show interest in: large-scale developments at the Grangegorman third-level campus; circa 20 primary care health centres; two bundles of courthouses; three major road schemes; plus new police regional headquarters are all being planned for 2013/14.
Many projects in Ireland’s €1.4 bn PPP pipeline are tendered out in bundles, and are in excess of €70m-€80m, giving both domestic and international players some chunky deals to get their teeth into.
The ‘Irish PPPs in the New Economic Environment: Procurement, Delivery and Finance’ seminar will bring together the public sector procurers with the industry leaders looking to work on the new deals. Together they will debate the future of PPPs in Ireland and highlight the year’s key transactions, sectors, and trends.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Seminar chair: Michele Connolly, Partner - KPMG Corporate Finance
- Brian Hayes, TD, Minister of State – Public Service Reform and the Office of Public Works
- Brian Murphy, Chief Executive – National Development Finance Agency (NDFA)
- Rossa White, Chief Economist – National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA)
- Lars Hougaard, Senior Loan Officer, Project Finance – EIB
- Nick Ashmore, Deputy Director – The National Pensions Reserve Fund
- Rory O Connor, Managing Director – BlackRock
- Donal Murphy, Director, Project Finance – Bank of Ireland
- Niall Quinn, Head of Structured Finance, Ireland – Barclays
- Hugh Blaney, Co-Founder and Head of Origination – Amber Infrastructure
- Kieron Meade, Director – BAM PPP BV
- Kirk Taylor, Development Director – Bilfinger Project Investments
- Paraic Keogh, Regional Director – John Sisk & Sons
- Morton Corbitt, Head of Development – Kajima Partnerships
To view the event brochure, please click here
To book your place, please click here