Terms and Conditions
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ·1.1 "Booking" means PPP Bulletin's booking process which is subject to acceptance of these Terms.
- ·1.2 "Client" means the person, firm or company which makes a Booking.
- ·1.3 "Event" means the event or events which are the subject of the Quotation and Booking.
- ·1.4 "PPP Bulletin" means Rockcliffe Limited (trading as PPP Bulletin).
- ·1.5 "Quotation" means the written quotation submitted by PPP Bulletin to the Client which is the subject of the Booking.
- ·1.6 "Services" means the hospitality services to be performed by PPP Bulletin pursuant to the Booking in accordance with these Terms.
- ·1.7 "Terms" means these booking terms and conditions.
- ·1.8 "Ticket Holder" means any individual that receives tickets as part of the Booking.
2. BOOKING AND PAYMENT TERMS
- ·2.1 All prices stated by PPP Bulletin in a Quotation are exclusive of any value added tax which if applicable the Client shall be additionally liable to pay PPP Bulletin.
- ·2.2 Upon receipt of the Booking from the Client, PPP Bulletin shall send the Client an invoice for the total amount due. A legally binding contract shall be formed according to clause 5.6.
- ·2.3 The Client shall pay to PPP Bulletin the full amount set out in the invoice within 30 days of receipt. In the event that the Booking is made within 30 days of the Event, payment shall be due immediately.
- ·2.4 Any items stated in the Quotation as "additional" items or any items which are requested by the Client after the Booking has been confirmed by PPP Bulletin, must be confirmed by the Client in writing (email shall be sufficient) before being actioned by PPP Bulletin. Payment in respect of any such items shall be in accordance with clause 2.3.
- ·2.5 If the Client fails to make any payment on the due date, PPP Bulletin shall be entitled (at its discretion) to cancel the Booking by notice in writing to the Client.
- ·2.6 Any variation or amendment to these payment terms will be set out by PPP Bulletin in writing on the Booking.
- ·2.7 Subject to 2.6 above, no variation to the Terms shall be binding unless agreed in writing by an authorised representative of PPP Bulletin.
- ·2.8 Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any Quotation, correspondence or other Booking documents or information issued by PPP Bulletin shall be subject to correction without any liability whatsoever on the part of PPP Bulletin.
3. VARIATION AND CANCELLATION
- ·3.1 If the Client wishes to vary any details of the Booking after it is returned to PPP Bulletin, it shall notify PPP Bulletin in writing as soon as possible. PPP Bulletin shall endeavour to make any required changes, but any additional costs thereby incurred shall be invoiced to the Client (and paid in accordance with clause 2.3).
- ·3.2 Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the Services are provided in accordance with the Booking, PPP Bulletin reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to make any changes to the Services for the Event which do not in the opinion of PPP Bulletin materially affect the quality of the Services. If PPP Bulletin has to make any material changes relating to the Booking it shall notify the Client forthwith. PPP Bulletin shall endeavour to keep such changes to a minimum and shall seek to offer the Client arrangements as close to the original as is reasonably possible in the circumstances. Where such alternative is not acceptable to the Client acting reasonably and in good faith, PPP Bulletin shall refund to the Client the price paid according to the Booking.
- ·3.3 Cancellation of a Booking may not be accepted by PPP Bulletin unless and until it is confirmed in writing by the Client. In the event of a valid cancellation by the Client after the Booking is returned, PPP Bulletin may apply and the Client shall be liable to pay to PPP Bulletin the following cancellation charges:
Where PPP Bulletin receives a valid cancellation of a Booking:
- ·less than 90 days before the Event, the Client shall be liable for 20% of the total price (+VAT) of the Booking;
- ·iess than 60 days before the Event, the Client shall be liable for 60% of the total price (+VAT) of the Booking; and
- ·less than 30 days prior to the Event, the Client shall be liable for 100% of the total price (+VAT) of the Booking.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any of the above cancellation charges apply and the Client has already paid more than the relevant amount to PPP Bulletin, the Client shall receive a refund of the difference.
- ·3.4 PPP Bulletin may cancel any Booking forthwith by notice in writing to the Client in accordance with clause 3.5 or 3.6 or if at any time the Client becomes bankrupt or insolvent (or if bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings are commenced against it). In such an event, PPP Bulletin shall be entitled to retain any and all sums already paid to it by the Client in connection with the Booking, which shall be without prejudice to any other rights it may have whether at law or otherwise.
- ·3.5 If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of PPP Bulletin (including but not limited to an Act of God, explosion, abnormally inclement weather, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, terrorist activity or threat of terrorism, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition, regulations, byelaws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental or local authority, import or export regulations or embargoes, strikes, lockouts or other industrial actions or trade disputes, power failure), the Event and/or the Services are cancelled or disrupted in any way, PPP Bulletin shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Booking or these Terms by reason of any delay in performing, or failure to perform any of its obligations in relation to the Booking or these Terms. PPP Bulletin may choose to, but shall not be obliged to, agree in good faith with the Client the amount of any refund to the Client. If the Client wishes to protect its investment in the Services purchased in relation to the Event, the Client is advised to seek contingency insurance from a specialist contingency insurance broker. PPP Bulletin shall have no further liability to the Client arising from PPP Bulletin’s failure to perform the Services in any such circumstances.
- ·4.1 PPP Bulletin shall not under any circumstances be liable to the Client in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for loss of revenues or opportunities, goodwill, reputation or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss (even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or PPP Bulletin had been advised of the possibility of the Client incurring the same).
- ·4.2 Further, PPP Bulletin shall have no liability for any death or bodily injury (except death or injury caused by the negligence of PPP Bulletin, its staff or contractors), or loss of or damage to property, of anyone attending the Event pursuant to the Booking, whether arising from such attendance, or in relation to the provision or use of the facilities at the Event. The Client agrees to indemnify PPP Bulletin against any claim in respect of any such liability (and the costs and expenses incurred by PPP Bulletin in relation thereto).
- ·4.3 Without prejudice to any other limitation or exclusion of liability set out in these Terms and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the total liability of PPP Bulletin to the Client in contract, tort or otherwise including negligence (save for any liability arising from death or personal injury due to the negligence of PPP Bulletin or its employees which shall be unlimited) arising in relation to the Event (and/or the provision of the Services to the Client) shall not exceed 50% of the total amount paid by the Client hereunder.
- ·5.1 All Quotations are made and Bookings accepted subject to these Terms. These Terms shall apply to all Quotations and Bookings in precedence over any other printed terms and conditions, including any appearing on the Client's stationery or correspondence.
- ·5.2 The Client shall procure that all Ticket Holders comply with these Terms and furthermore the Client indemnifies PPP Bulletin against all claims, costs, damages and judgements awarded against or incurred or paid by PPP Bulletin as a result of or in connection with a claim made by a Ticket Holder.
- ·5.3 No amendment or variation to these Terms shall be binding unless agreed in writing by both parties.
- ·5.4 All tickets sold to Ticket Holders shall remain the property of PPP Bulletin (or whomever is the original owner of the tickets) at all times.
- ·5.5 The Client consents to being photographed at the Event, to filming and sound recording of the Event and consents to the use of such, photographs and/or recordings in any marketing or promotional materials in connection with the Event, on the Event website and in any broadcast or publication in any territory in the world.
- ·5.6 No binding contract shall be formed until PPP Bulletin has received acceptance from the Client of the Booking (which incorporates these Terms) and confirmation of the Booking shall be subject to PPP Bulletin receiving payment in full in accordance with clause 3. No tickets, itineraries, maps or other final details with respect to any Event or arrangements relating to any Booking will be forwarded to the Client until payment has been received in full by PPP Bulletin.
- ·5.7 No waiver by PPP Bulletin of any breach of these Terms by the Client shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- ·5.8 If any provision of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
- ·5.9 The rights granted to the Client hereunder are personal to the Client and may not be transferred or assigned to any third party without the prior written consent of PPP Bulletin.
- ·5.10 The Quotation, the Booking and these Terms contain the entire understanding between the parties with respect to their agreement concerning the Event. In entering into this contract neither party has relied on (nor shall it have any remedy, in contract or tort, in respect of) any statement, representation, warranty or understanding which is not expressly set out in the Quotation, Booking or these Terms, provided that nothing herein shall operate to exclude or limit any liability for fraud.
- ·5.11 The Client shall at all times be subject to the terms, conditions and rules imposed by the organisers of the Event and/or the Event venue and shall indemnify PPP Bulletin from and against all and any claims arising from the Client’s breach of the same.
- ·5.12 The Client shall not sell the benefit of any Booking on the wholesale or trade market without prior written consent from PPP Bulletin. No Client or Ticket Holder may transfer the benefit of the Booking for use as a competition prize or other promotional use.
- ·5.13 These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.